Letter From Pastor Ed – 3-6-21
A MESSAGE TO GOD’S PEOPLE GOING THROUGH HEALTH CRISIS
1 Peter 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
WHY COULD THEY GREATLY REJOICE ? THEY KNEW THERE WAS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.
WHEN YOU GO THROUGH SICKNESS, EITHER SHORT TERM OR LONGER, YOU FACE A SERIES OF TEMPTATIONS OR OPPORTUNITIES THAT ARE UNIQUE FOR YOU.
- PLAN to be more compassionate for others
- PLAN for strengthen your ministry at the church. Make it more effective with teaching and prayer.
- PLAN to help others who are down with the latest contagious disease.
- PLAN to increase your personal time with the Lord. Ask, as David did…
Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
Sometimes people go through a troubled time in their own Bible-believing church, and instead of being an encouragement to the brethren there, they choose to encourage the brethren to go to another church. SELF-desires should be put aside, and true saints of God will uplift one another and stay true to the Word where God called them, not advertising for another church which only DISCOURAGES them.
- PLAN TO BE WHAT GOD CALLED YOU TO BE.
Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.
- PLAN TO BE USEFUL TILL YOU LEAVE THIS WORLD TO GO TO BE WITH THE LORD.
The old nature says that you cannot be effective when you get older. The Holy Spirit destroys that argument through people like Abraham, Moses, Peter, John, the other disciples, and thousands of brethren whose testimonies are a light for us all.
- IMPLEMENT the promises which God has given you to become MORE effective after you get hit with sickness.
Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.