SW – ARE YOU A SPIRITUAL POW ?
THE CHRISTIAN BATTLE
ARE YOU A SPIRITUAL POW ??? (PRISONER OF WAR)
1. The illusion of being captured? – An optical illusion ?
A. The devil’s power is over-estimated by most. Rev. 12:9
B. The devil takes advantage of weaknesses that are not fully turned over
to the Lord. 2 Tim. 2:26 How can this happen to a Christian ?
– Obviously not depending on God’s power.
– Obviously not aware of the danger.
– Obviously, not willing to do what is necessary to stop their defeat.
C. Often results from not seeing the whole picture. Forgetting, or putting away
the whole view of the battle. John 4:35
– Disciples were interested in food, not the needs of the people.
Jesus redirects their vision.
2. The devil actually does capture some people.
A. Miracles to deceive. Rev. 13:14
B. Self-deception. James 1:22
C. We can be unsuspecting because of the people he uses. People close to us
can be the instruments of deception the devil uses. 2 Tim. 3:13
D. Some lost the power they once had. (Lack of discipline, lack of praying,
lack of faithfulness, etc.)
– In practice, they deny the power of Christ over the flesh. 2 John 1:7
3. The devil can be overcome.
Ye are of God,little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He
that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4