Maintaining Happiness: Having A Realistic Expectation of The World
1. Understanding the logic of the world.(Ps. 2:1-3)
A. The heathen must like to rage. (“High-spirited”, applied to men and horses.)
Rom. 12:16, 2 Cor. 10:5
B. The people must enjoy imagining a vain thing. *If this was not so, they would
seek to do something else. Rom. 1:21, Jer. 23:17
Sign of a judgment generation. Gen. 6:5
2. Secret political agendas against God exist.(Ps. 2:2)
A. Kings take a stand themselves (without God). Is. 48:16, John 18:20
Reward of answers becomes public. Matt. 6:18
B. Rulers take counsel (secretly). Gift of prophecy reveals secrets.
1 Cor. 14:24-25 Elisha accused of doing so. 2 Kings 6:8-12
C. Against God and those He anoints. (*Note world’s political views against faithful
Israeli leaders.) Who is their God ? 2 Cor. 4:4, Eph. 6:12
D. They ultimately want to throw off any influence from or responsibility to God.
(Ps. 2:3) Rev. 11:15 shows a different outcome.
Maintaining Happiness: God Has Planned Everything Out For Our Blessing !
1. God is in control over rulers and govervnments.(Ps. 2:6)
A. Some are for blessing to the people. 2 Sam. 23:3, Judges 2:16 (Ps. 47:2-8)
B. Some are for a judgment against the people. Jer. 51:11
Antichrist – Zech. 11:15-17
2. God sets the decrees and laws.(Ps. 2:7)
A. Angels can, under his authority. Dan. 4:17
B. Men can, under His authority.
– Within their authority in government. Dan. 6:1, Rom. 13:1-7 (Note limitations.)
– Within their authority at work. Ex. 35:30-35
– Within their authority at home. Eph. 5:22, 6:1
3. God’s power is greater than any other.(Ps. 2:9)
*Evidence – confronting Pharaoh. Ex. 18:11
4. God’s grace is offered only for a time.(Ps. 2:12)
* For the lost, there is a time limit. Heb. 10:29-30