TO APPLY PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO
SOLID ROCK BIBLE CHURCH
ATTN: PASTOR SEARCH
P.O. BOX 2138
OCKLAWAHA, FL 32183
Solid Rock Bible Church is actively seeking a Senior Pastor with a burning desire to lead others to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Pastor is responsible to preach and teach the Gospel regularly, administer the ordinances of the Church, and tenderly watch over the spiritual interests of the membership.
The Pastor should…
- Understand that the Bible is the final authority on all matters, and believe that at the present time, the KJV translation is the most consistently faithful English language translation of the Greek and Hebrew Scriptures.
- Fulfill the Biblical qualifications laid out in I Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4.
- Be passionate about outreach and soul-winning.
- Show a hunger for the Word of God and have a passion to study it in depth as instructed in 2 Timothy 2:15 and an excitement to share it with others.
- Spend time laboring in prayer over the needs of the congregation.
- Have experience providing leadership in a pastoral position (3-5 years preferred).
- Understand and be willing to engage in spiritual warfare.
- Be willing to take a stand on the Word of God, even if it’s not popular.
- Show compassion for the hurting, discipline for the wayward, and encouragement for the weary.
- Provide Biblically based counseling as needed.
- Administer the ordinances of the church (Baptism & the Lord’s Supper).
Solid Rock Bible Church is located in a small rural community near the Ocala National Forest, where squirrels outnumber the people. The area provides much to explore in natural beauty, while still being centrally located between Daytona Beach an hour away on the east coast, and Tampa Bay a little farther on the west coast, Gainesville to the north and Orlando to the south. The forested area of Moss Bluff offers hunting and fishing for the outdoorsy folk, and quiet contemplation for those seeking a change from city bustle.
SRBC was founded in 1984, with a clear purpose to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to encourage each other toward a closer personal relationship with Him. Over the years this has been carried out through various outreach ministries including children’s and bus ministries, as well as overseas outreach throughout Africa and India training indigenous pastors to carry the Gospel to their own nations. No matter the mission field, near or far, the purpose remains the same, be the light in the darkness for the time is short.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 2138, Ocklawaha, FL. 32183.
If you’re interested in what’s been going on the past few months, and why we’re looking for a new pastor, you might find these posts interesting