JEREMIAH CHAPTERS 44
When men try to escape from God, they inevitably run into His arm of judgment.
1. The forgotten offenses. (Jer. 44:9)
A. The idolatry issue. Col. 3:5, I Sam. 15:23
– Isaiah 44:6 (None beside him)
– Deut. 5:7 (None before him)
2. Dealing with the consequences.
A. Leaving Israel. (Jer. 44:7)
B. Idolatry in Egypt. (Jer. 44:8)
C. Refuse to be humble before God. (Jer. 44:10)
D. Dealing with our own chastening. Heb. 12:5
3. The unlimited arm of the Lord.
A. For judgment. (Jer. 44:13-15)
B. For salvation.
– Must not depend on men. (Jer. 17:5)
– Must depend only on God. (Jer. 32:17, Is. 63:5, 52:10)