JEREMIAH CHAPTER 8
SPIRITUAL CONDITIONS OF A JUDGEMENT GENERATION
Do These Conditions Exist In The World Today ?
1. Spiritual blindness. (Jer. 8:6)
A. Can’t accept that they did anything wrong.
(“…What have I done?…”)(Jer. 2:35) 1 John 1:10
B. Can’t recognize what sin is any longer. Isaiah 44:18
God blinds them fully when they show they don’t want to see.
C. Refuse to accept responsibility for what was happening.
2. Follow the crowd mentality. (“…As a horse…”) (Jer. 8:6)
A. What everyone else does, they do.
– Christians resist the world. 1 John 5:5
– Friendship with the world is dangerous. James 4:4
B. Parents no longer teach children to resist it.
(Instead, what are all the other kids wearing?”)
3. Kept false hopes. (Jer. 8:19)
A. God would bail them out if they asked. (“Is not the Lord in Zion?”) (Jer. 46:11)
B. They had balm (medicine)=man’s solutions to spiritual problems.
C. They had physicians. (But, no help for conditions that came from
D. False hopes in the past.
– Elijah was from Gilead. 1 Kings 17:1
– Things had changed since then. Hosea 6:8