JEREMIAH CHAPTER 7
Jeremiah’s Message In The Temple Gate.
While a New Testament Believer Has Security, It Doesn’t Change Our Holy God’s Response To Sin.
1. God will not dwell where sin abounds.
A. Sin pollutes purity. Jer. 7:30
-Ezekiel 20:31 – No prayers heard. Psalm 66:18 & Isaiah 1:15
B. He will not remain there.
– Someone has to go. Psalm 101:7
– No fellowship. 1 Cor. 5:6-8
C. When a person repents, fellowship is restored. 1 John 1:7
2. God uses temples of purity.
A. Physical buildings. 1 Kings 9:3
B. Buildings of flesh. 1 Cor. 6:19
3. The issue of security.
*Old Testament different than new.
A. Old Testament Psalm 51:11
B. New Testament.Hebrews 13:5
WHEN IT IS OF NO USE TO PRAY
Our Choice of Prayer Subjects Must Be Submissive To The Will of God, Or Our Entire Efforts Will Be Wasted.
1. When God says not to pray. (Jer. 11:14, 14:11)
A. Doing so would be sin, misplaced compassion. 1 John 5:2
B. Doing so would hinder your other prayers, since it would be iniquity.
2. God knows the actual situation.
A. He knows when it is too late for the person to turn to Him.
Such prayers would take away your time from praying for more answerable
requests and other things). Gen. 18:23-33
– Hardness. Romans 2:5
– Unnoticed rebellion. Pro. 17:11 & Jer. 28:16
– Closed door. 2 Cor. 6:2
B. He knows when He had begun work to bring about judgement upon them.
Psalm 7:13 & Proverbs 19:29
3. God will not hear until heart is into the right works.
*This is part of true repentance.
A. The lost must be willing to change. Isaiah 1:15
B. The saved must not hold unconfessed sin. Psalms 66:18
4. God wants us to rest in His wisdom.
A. Praying for things that He commands. James 4:17
Should Make Us More Motivated to Live Closer to The Lord…Especially In These Last Days.
1. Continuing on for the love of God. (Jeremiah 7:25-27)
*Jeremiah had to face the truth about the difficulty of his work.
It would not be a picnic.
A. The people didn’t listen in times past.
B. The people would not listen in the future. Matt. 24:12, Mark 13:6, 2 Tim. 3:13
Even some so-called Christians will turn from the Truth. 1 Tim. 4:1
– Obey not.
– Refuse correction.
– Truth is cut off.
How can people know it if there are no Biblical standards? Jer. 7:19
C. The power of persistence from the Holy Spirit.
– For the Apostle Paul. 2 Cor. 11:25
– For other apostles. Acts 5:40
2. Failure to do God’s will results in great loss. (Jeremiah 7:34)
*Jeremiah saw this in others, didn’t want it for self.
A. Loss of peace from God. Isaiah 57:21
B. Loss of joy, happiness.
C. Judgements everyday.
– People will want to die. (Jer. 8:3)
– Blindness to their sins. (Jer. 8:5-7)
– Wisdom of the wise fails. (Jer. 8:9)
– Blessings of fruitfulness fail. (Jer. 8:13)
– Hopes of real peace dashed. (Jer. 8:15-16)
– Daily pests to afflict. (Jer. 8:17)