JEREMIAH CHAPTER 30
THE JOY THAT IS AHEAD !
Is It The PRESENT, or The FUTURE That Motivates People More To Live For God Fully ?
1. We must take the whole Word of God to see the total picture. (Jer. 30:2)
A. God is still “running the show.” (Jer. 30:3)
B. Each Word God gives is vital. Deut. 8:3 & Pro. 30:5
2. God tells us of future tribulation.
A. Israel in travail. (Jer. 30:6-7) Compare to Matt. 24:21
– Wounded (chastened) by God. (Jer. 30:14-15)
B. Believers dealing with many problems.
– Persecutions. Acts 14:22, Mark 10:28-30
– Worsening last days conditions. 2 Pet. 3:3, 2 Tim. 3:1
3. God reveals His redemptive powers.
A. To bring Jacob back to the land. (Jer. 16:15) Ezek. 37:21
B. To provide peace and joy.
C. To resurrect the body. (Ex.- David) (Jer. 30:9) Ezek. 34:23
D. To restore all the promises. (Jer. 30:19-22) Deut. 4:30-32
Has God Ever Made You Feel Bad About Something You Have Done ?
Is There A Good Reason To Feel Bad About Certain Things ?
1. It is right that we feel bad over sin. (Jer. 30:12-15)
A. It should bother us that we did wrong. Psalm 38:18, 2 Cor. 7:8-11
– But we should not be overcome by much sorrow. 2 Cor. 7:7
(When was the last time you saw an adult really sorrowing over
some sin they had done ?)
B. It helps our lives to be more submissive. Pro. 15:13, Ps. 34:18 & Ps. 51:17
C. It is characteristic of the lost not to be sorrowing over sin.
Eph. 4:19, 1 Tim. 4:2
2. God always provides a remedy.
A. Time to consider. Judas took the lack of immediate judgement as an
opportunity to sin. Luke 22:6, Luke 12:45
B. Repentance brings us to the payment (God’s lamb). 2 Peter 3:9