JEREMIAH CHAPTER 20
THE LACK OF VISION
Discouragement and Despair Result When We Cannot Accept What God Is Doing
1. Cannot see the seriousness of God’s verdict.
A. God wasn’t about to change His mind.
– The people didn’t change theirs. (Jer. 15:6)
– Repenting must be more than trying to avoid judgement.
Jonah 3:10, Matt. 21:28-32
– Not as Judas. Matt. 27:3, 2 Cor. 7:10
B. The judgement was already set in motion. Armies readied.
2. Cannot see the consequences of sin on society.
A. Infiltrates the thinking of almost everyone. 1 Cor. 5:6, Gal. 5:4-9
B. Brings behaviour of violence and rebellion. Pro. 19:29
C. Says they believe in God, but live against His ways. (Jer. 21:1) Titus 1:16
3. Cannot see the reason to be thankful. Eph. 5:20
*Why be thankful? All things can work for good. Rom. 8:28
A. For his own life.
B. For being a servant of the Most High.
C. For the message of life. (Jer. 21:8-9)