JEREMIAH CHAPTER 14 & 15
As another “WHATEVER…” Generation Comes Into Power, We See the Dangers of Their Philosophies from God’s Word.
1. It is a certain disaster.
A. The pleas will mean nothing.(Jer. 14:7)
– The cries of the sinner. (Jer. 11:14) Isaiah 1:15
– The intercession of the believers. (Jer. 7:16)
B. God already made the arrangements for judgement. Rev. 9:15 & 8:6
*(John 14:2, 1 Cor. 2:9 – Also for blessing.)
*Does God “set things in motion” for judgements to come?
Consider the events of the Revelation.
2. It comes with a specific message.
A. The prophets forecast in error.
Did they believe their own visions, etc. ? 1 Kings 18:28
Why did the people believe their report? Mark 13:24
– But even Jeremiah believes them at first. (Jer. 14:13)
– Their credibility is based on the past, not present.
3. There is certainty of judgement. (Jer. 15:1)
A. Even Moses and Samuel could not help.
B. The remnant shall be saved. (Jer. 15:11)
C. This causes pain to the sensitive believer. (Jer. 15:18)
(15:15-18 are words from Israel. 15:19-21 are God’s Words
revealing that they didn’t truly repent yet.)
ENCOURAGEMENT TO THOSE WHO ARE RIGHT WITH GOD
Those “Right” Must Be Actively Serving God
1. A time limit is set for repenting.
A. No one will be able to intervene. (Jer. 15:1) Ezek. 14:14,20
B. “Always time to repent” is a false doctrine, not Biblical at all.
Gen. 6:3, Heb. 4:7, 2 Cor. 6:2
2. The sins were against the Lord.
A. Humanly thought to be sins against humanity. (Jer. 16:6) Mal. 3:13
B. Permitting evil leaders to lead. (Jer. 15:4) 1 Chron. 21:1, 7, 14-15
*In our system, voting for them and failing to remove them legally.
C. Jeremiah’s backsliding. (Jer. 15:15-21)
3. Protection of God’s people during time of judgement.
A. They are involved, but not destroyed. (Jer. 15:11)
– Do most saved people bear some guilt in what happens to the world?
– When doing things for “self” (“It’s the economy, stupid.” – political campaign)
instead of for God. 1 Cor. 3:15
B. It will be “well” with them. Zech. 13:9, Acts 14:22